So as promised in part 1 here we have a much more condensed post, to list out the study resources I used in preparing for the VCAP6-DCV Design. If you haven't read that one yet do that first for context as you won't find much of that here. Go now...!
Online Training Content & Books
These are excellent resources for once you've digested the blueprint, strongly recommended.
My approach was initially to read with notation in OneNote. Once I purchased my SurfaceBook (about a fortnight before the test) Drawboard PDF was added to the mix. More on that in a future post...
- ESXi and vCenter Server 6.0 Product Documentation - Yes, all of them!
- NSX 6.0 Design Guide - Probably not worth reading this cover to cover (though I did.) NSX is not the focus of this exam so depending on what you know already tailor accordingly.
- VSAN 6.0 Design Guide - Ensure you read 6.0 and not 6.2. A lot changed in 6.2, the exam (at time of writing) relates to 6.0.
- vSphere 6.0 What's New
- VMware Product Applicability Guide - HIPAA Regulation Compliance - Worth a high level review, even if the doc is fairly old now.
- VMware Product Applicability Guide - PCI-DSS v3.0 Compliance - As above.
- VMware Validated Designs for SDDC v3.0 - Not v4.0 as this relates to vSphere 6.5
I've tried not to re-invent the wheel and bring something different with my posts. I would therefore strongly recommend you read all of the following blogs. These were the main ones that helped me along the way and inspired me to start blogging myself.
- Dependency Diagrams - Virtual Kim [Kim Bottu]
- Exam Experience - VCAP6-DCV Design exam beta - vBrain [Manfred Hofer]
- VCAP-DCD Exam Experience - vmroyale [Brian Atkinson]
- VCAP6-DCV Design - Study Resources - vThing [Andras Herceg]
- VCAP6-DCV Design Exam Experience - vJenner [Kyle Jenner]
- VCAP6-DCV Design Experience - Virtual Chris [Chris Chua]
- VCAP6-Deploy & Design - TheSaffaGeek [Gregg Robertson]
- VCAP6 Design Tips, Tricks and New Features - The Cloud JAR [Jordan Roth]
- Scoring for VCAP6 Design Exams - The Cloud JAR [Jordan Roth]
- VMware Application Dependencies and Entity Relationship Diagrams MK2 - vBikerblog [Don Ward]
Happy studying! Part 3 will deal with some in-exam approach tips to complete the series and will be up on Tuesday.